Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Color Me Chartreuse





 Necklace: H&M | Top: Brandy Melville
Trousers: H&M | Shoes: Charlotte Russe

I'm good for buying things that don't fit me perfectly, especially if I know I'll be able to alter it to fit and the price is just too good to pass up. 

I've had these chartreuse trousers for about a year now and I finally got to where them this weekend. They were originally way too big and not tailored at all but they were a bargain at $10 and I'd already envisioned them as THE piece for 5 different outfits. After fixing up the waistline and tapering the legs as bit, they were perfect! 

Plus, they're super lightweight and perfect for these super hot + humid Atlanta summers. 

Fun fact: Chartreuse is a mix of yellow + green and named after a French liqueur. Yay knowledge!

XX
A Modern Belle

3 comments:

  1. Totally love the pants!!! Surprisingly cute. Great look too from the hair down to the feet!!! Not bold enough for crop tops... Call it me feeling too old to try it. But who knows, I saw a girl at the train station wearing it with high waisted skirt and I didn't know it could be worn that way so I'm very much inclined to try it. Maybe on a lazy day out with Gorgeousness. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should definitely try it out. Maybe a crop top with a fuller midi skirt and some cute sandals to keep it casual.

      Delete
  2. Another color up my sleeves. Love the pants and you look so cute
    http://divadiari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete